Thursday, April 2, 2009

Advice, Guidance and Thoughts....

So with our WONDERFUL (insert sarcasm) president that we have in office, I have been kicking around the idea of starting to home school Madison and the boys. I have done some research about homeschooling and I have some close friends that work hard at educating their children everyday. I have also read a lot of blog post of mom's who home school....real moms, who talk about real day to day struggles and the joys that come with this job.

I want your Advice, Guidance and Thoughts.... not really the ones that are against this but I will take what I can get :)

Here it goes :) Thanks in advance for all of your thoughts!!

post signature

4 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

Well, you know how I feel about it, so you probably don't want my comment, but what the heck!?

I don't know if you saw my recent homeschool post, but check it out.

I also am getting ready to buy a few books about homeschooling that were recommended to me. If you want me to pass along the names now, I can when I get to my other computer. If you want to wait to see what I think of them, I'll tell you later. Let me know.

Emily said...

I am all for it. I hope to be able to homeschool my children. Public schools are awful and with our "wonderful" president and his clan in government, theres really no telling what may come to the little ones in our public schools.

Jen said...

Rachel,

YES! I would love the names of the books. I will check with the local library to find out if they have them!!

Laura-Ann said...

We are planning on homeschooling our kids. I am already doing preschool with them. Have you read the Missouri Home school law yet? Here is the link. http://www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/Missouri.pdf

I hope you find what you are looking for. There are lots of great books and materials out there. I know I have been talking with other home school families and it has helped. Just remember do what works with your family.