Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Works for ME! Wednesday


With little time in the morning and no desire to pack Madison's lunch the night before I had to come up with a way to help me have more time in the morning to get 3 kids ready and out the door.

So this is what I do....

1. Make the






2. Pour into individual cups.....






3. Stack in fridge.






This allows me to just grab them and throw them in her sack lunch. It also helps the environment by not using a bunch of baggies. I use these reusable containers for everything in her lunch. You can also use them for pudding, applesauce, dividing a big bag of fruit snacks....the list goes on and on! Enjoy!




post signature

11 comments:

Llama Momma said...

Great tip!! I'm new to this lunch packing thing, and need all the help I can get...

Emily said...

Oh such a neat idea!

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a simple but awesome idea! My kids love those stupid little pudding cups. This would work great for that too! One question...how do you get your kids to actually bring home your little containers?

Jen said...

Mandy,

Good questions. My 1st grader is a girl...and a people pleaser. I am sure that she never thought twice about not bringing them home. But you could tell your kids that if they don't bring them home that you cannot make the pudding/applesauce/jello anymore :) Hope that helps!!

Jen

FrazzMom said...

Definitely cheaper than buying Jell-O snack packs. Thanks for the reminder!

Kara said...

Great idea and much cheaper then the prepackaged ones!!

Totallyscrappy said...

Now, why didn't I think of that? Great tip!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find the really small containers? I used to have them and now I can't find them anywhere!

Audra Krell said...

Love this creative and economic tip - thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea that I love to do. When I bring fresh fruit home I immediately cut it up and portion it into to-go containers for the fiancee and I; it works like a charm and I don't have to deal with making something every morning when I'm still half-dead. Thank you for sharing!

Jen said...

I got the little containers from Target. I will tell you these lids are easier to get off than the other ones in the photo.